Want to drive more traffic to your YEAY channel and increase your sales? Follow these five simple steps and watch the cash roll in.
1. Grab your audience’s attention
The most successful videos on YEAY are those that start with a bang! Rather than displaying your company logo first, get started with your most dramatic and eye-catching footage to capture your audience’s attention.
We’ve found that the more effective videos are those that are less than 30 seconds. Of course, they can be longer, but best to keep the most important visuals and information at the start.
And, if you want to keep things simple:
- Start with an overview shot, showing the product from a slight distance.
- Then, a close up, while walking around the model or product.
- And finally, a dynamic shot of the product as a whole with movement.
2. Think outside the box
A picture may speak a thousand words, so imagine how effective a video can be! But perhaps there are some aspects to your collection that may not be so easily translated via an e-commerce platform.
For example, how can you convey the softness of a garment? The shimmer of a sequin? It’s time to get creative on how these elements can be represented.
- Use movement and sounds to illustrate the flow of the fabric. Fans are your friend!
- Demonstrate someone touching the items and encourage your models to be expressive. When they snuggle down into the cashmere scarf, focus on their face which says ‘pure comfort’.
- Experiment with light and colour. Are you selling fluorescent or holographic pieces? Then use a dark background so the colours really pop.
3. Showcase a variety of products from your collection
YEAY channels that are having the most sales are those that are selling a wide range of items. The golden nugget of your collection might be the 500$ cocktail dress handwoven with unicorn hair, but compliment that with a selection of accessories and impulse buys.
The dress will gain you followers and brand awareness,but it’s the accessories and low cost items that will bring in steady revenue and positive feedback.
4. Ensure to upload a splash screen image
If you would like to be a featured seller, ensure you have uploaded a splash screen image for your brand.
5. Share! Share! Share!
Remember to promote your channel on social media so your customers know where to find you. You can easily share all of videos to social media, and tag YEAY in the post too, so people know where to download the app.